Here we have the first proper read between the rows ...
- Heidi Kirrmaier writes lovely patterns with innovative flow and shaping.
- The yarn is divine and had been road tested prior in the LOLA sweater.
- I love myself a useful + practical + beautiful one skein project.
- This is one of the special one off colors that madelinetosh does for Jimmy Beans Wool ... thrift shop dress shirt!
- The subtle flow of the colors is stunningly revealed in the shaping of the shawl.
- The 840 yard skein actually made a bigger shawl than the originally prescribed fingering weight which would have made the shawl at least twice as heavy. I got 11 eyelet repeats in the second set thereof rather than the 6 prescribed. Finished at 76" x 50" x 56"! The knitty gritty details are on my ravelry finished projects pages.
- You say fingering weight doesn't make for a heavy shawl ... try this and you will fall in love with the outcome ... I venture to say useable 24/7/365 ... my kind of finished project!